In addition to construction, Tom also has more than 20 years of hands-on experience with network technologies and operating systems. He is a proficient programmer familiar with code analysis and debugging. Whatever your project, Tom can get it done.
Other Professional Experience
Lead Technician, T3 Technologies, 2003-2015
- Developed a captive-portal system for a Wi-Fi hotspot provider with coding in C and PHP, custom remotely upgradeable Linux-based firmware and MySQL clustering; 100 active hotspots in several cities and over 12,000 registered users at project conclusion
- Crafted custom Perl programming to run in microperl along with related modifications to Meraki GPL firmware to facilitate communications via Low Level Serial Port (LLSP).
- Completed various Android projects with streaming video, native webRTC, nanomsg, SQL and secure client/server communications.
- Delivered HP Instant-Print Photo support, server-refresh, and VPN management services.
Network Specialist, Applied Computer Systems, 2000-2003
- Provided installation, maintenance and support of LAN and WAN systems including cabling, network appliances, servers, workstations, and database programming (Delphi and Access).
Network Support Technician, Milford School District, 1997-2000
- Performed WAN/LAN engineering, backup management (ARCserve), and automation scripting (VBscript and DOS batch), plus documentation and end-user training.
- Increased department productivity through procedure documentation, programming of automation routines, and improved security policies.
Engineering Support Team, Maintenance Services, 1993-1996
- Managed AutoCAD drafting/design work flow and junior draftsman, tech support and training; deployed a Netware network via WRQ Reflections software.
- Saved hundreds of man-hours by developing AutoCAD automation routines in AutoLISP, and implementing a drawing/numbering system with an accompanying database.
Facilities Design Specialist, Allstates Design and Development, 1992-1993
- Managed Computer Aided Drafting and Design work for several DuPont sites.